Report a nuisance

Report other types of nuisance

In addition to noise, we can investigate other types of nuisance, such as light, dust, smoke, fumes and bad smells. However, there are some things we can't investigate. For example, we can't investigate cooking smells from residential premises.

We can only investigate dust from industrial, trade or business premises. 

Complaints about cannabis smells should be directed to our Community Safety team.

Use these links to read about common sources of nuisance and our powers to investigate them:

Report a nuisance

To provide evidence to back up your complaint about any potential nuisance issue (excluding noise):

Complete a nuisance diary Word version

Complete a nuisance diary PDF version