You can appeal some decisions, such as your liability, Council Tax band, or eligibility for exemption or discount

You can appeal if you think your Council Tax is wrong. You should, however, continue to pay your original bill whilst your appeal is pending.

Your appeal should be made in writing to us, stating:

  • who you are
  • where you live
  • details of what decision you are appealing against

The Council then has two months to consider your comments. If it rejects your arguments or fails to reply within the two months, you can appeal to a Valuation Tribunal.

Any appeal to the Valuation Tribunal must be made within two months of receiving a reply from the Council or four months from the date of your original appeal.

If the Tribunal agrees with you, we will update your bill and adjust your monthly payments.

View more information about the appeal process on the Government webpage.