The Council has a duty to ensure it protects public money and assets from the risk of fraud and corruption.
To reduce the risk of fraud the council needs to maintain an effective internal control framework, this includes up to date policies and procedures, our two key policies relating to fraud and corruption are:
How do I report a fraud?
If you suspect a fraud is being committed against Hart District Council in the following areas: Housing Register, Council Tax Discount, Business Rates, Licensing, Planning, Procurement, Grants and Parking, please:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call 01252 622122 – ask for Audit
You do not have to give your name when reporting fraud. If you wish to disclose your name, we will keep this confidential and it may help with our enquiries.
Benefit fraud is where people claim any benefit, including Housing Benefit, that they are not entitled to. Anyone who knowingly fails to declare their true circumstances when receiving benefit is committing fraud.
How do I report benefit fraud?
- Online at Report Benefit Fraud
- To the National Benefit Fraud hotline: 0800 854 440
- By Textphone: 0800 328 0512
- By Post: National Benefit Fraud Hotline, Mail Handling Site A, Wolverhampton WV98 2BP