Report a change of address

If you are moving in or out of Hart, or moving home within the district, please tell us about your change of address

What we need to know

You’ll need to tell us:

  • your name
  • the name of your partner (if you have one)
  • the address you are moving from, and the date you moved out
  • your Council Tax account number (if you were responsible for paying Council Tax at your old address)
  • your new address and the date you moved in

If you have bought or sold your home, you’ll also need to tell us:

  • the date of sale of your old home
  • the name of the person who bought your old home, and their old address if you know it
  • your solicitor’s name and address

If you rented your old home, or are renting your new one, you’ll also need to tell us:

  • the end date of your lease/tenancy
  • the name of your landlord (and their address if you know it)
  • if the property you rented, or now rent, is furnished by your landlord

You’ll also need to update your address on the electoral register.