Asking for information about yourself
The UK General Data Protection Regulation gives people the right to know what personal information Hart District Council holds about them. This is known as a subject access request.
Personal data is anything that can identify you. It includes your:
- name, date of birth, National Insurance number, NHS number, passport number, nationality
- contact details including address, email, and phone number
- IP address, device, and browser details
- credit card and bank account
- any identifying images of you
Access to non-personal information is managed under the Freedom of Information Act. For information about Freedom of Information requests and to make a request please visit our Freedom of Information webpage.