Data protection and access to information

Making a complaint

If you're not satisfied with the response you have received to a subject request for information, you can ask us to review our handling of the matter. This can be done by emailing or calling 01252 622122 and stating the details of your complaint and what you would like us to investigate.

If you remain unsatisfied after the review outcome, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. The Information Commissioner is an independent supervisory authority responsible for data protection and freedom of information. Please be aware the Information Commissioner’s Office will not consider a complaint unless the Hart District Council review process has taken place first.

You can contact the ICO by emailing, calling 0303 123 1113 or visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office website.