There are a number of ways to volunteer with our countryside rangers. From working in our green spaces across the district to designing a team building event, there is a volunteer role for you.
Type of volunteering available
There are a variety of activities to suit individuals and groups. This includes:
- Practical countryside management. You will spend time learning how and why our sites are managed
- Events and activities. You will learn about event management on our sites. This could range from the set-up of large outdoor events to small school sessions
- Litter pickers. You will visit our parks to collect litter to help keep our green spaces clean and tidy
- Bike track maintenance. You will promote the safe use of our tracks and help with practical track maintenance. This includes renewing the track surface, fixing hazards and monitoring for wear and tear
There are a number of ways to get involved. You will be asked to select if you want to apply as an individual or as part of a group:
You can sign up to:
- try a taster day. This is a one-off session where a ranger will lead a range of activities
- be a fully registered volunteer. This allows you to choose how, when and where you would like to get involved
We cater for schools, colleges, scouts/guides and other groups. This also includes organisations and businesses looking to arrange a team-building day.
Other ways to get involved:
We welcome students to join us for work experience. This could be over a week or spread over several months. We can't guarantee you a placement, as we are not able to accommodate every request, but we will do our best to help.
Duke of Edinburgh Award
Our Events and Education Ranger can assist with Duke of Edinburgh award programme. Again, we can't guarantee you a placement, but we will do our best to help.