Care and support

Care and Support

From time to time we may all need a bit of care or support.  This page is designed to help you find information and advice on a range of topics.


To find local health services including GPs and dentists visit the NHS Choices website.

Care and support for adults

A guide to care and support services available for adults in Hampshire with eligible care needs can be found on the Hampshire County Council website. Alternatively, you can find information to help you find your own care and support solutions including care homes and home care agencies by visiting Connect to Support Hampshire.

If you need to report concerns about abuse of a vulnerable adult call Hampshire Adult Services on telephone 0300 555 1386 or the police on 101. In an emergency, or if you suspect you or someone else is in immediate danger, telephone 999.

Age Concern Hampshire: Information Service offering independent, impartial and confidential support to older people their friends, family and carers. Telephone the Freephone Information Line on 0800 328 7154, Monday to Thursday from 10am to 1pm.

Information for families and young people

Your Future: Information and advice for young people about education, training, working and youth support.

Family Information and Services Hub: Information about what is going on in your area, details on how to access services (including childcare), organisations and activities in Hampshire, and the advice and support that's available.

Hampshire Healthy Families: Information about health for under 5s, kids, teens, and families.
To report concerns about abuse of a child or young person call Hampshire Children's Services on 0300 555 1384. You do not need to know everything about the child or young person and what is happening before contacting us. In an emergency contact the police by dialling 999.

Information and support for carers

A carer is anyone who provides unpaid care for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.

Carer Support and Dementia Advice Service for Hampshire: Supports all carers aged 18 and above who provide care for an adult. One to one support, peer support groups, workshops and training.
Referral by GP, other professionals or self-referral. Telephone 01264 332297  or Email

Carers Emergency Planning service: The Princess Royal Trust for Carers in Hampshire provides FREE support to discuss, develop and implement an emergency plan. Up to 48hrs free care may be available for the person you care for in the event of an emergency. No adult services assessment is needed. Telephone 0800 169 1577.

Carers Hubs: provided by The Princess Royal Trust for Carers in Hampshire. Drop in to access information and support, and meet other carers. Hubs are held in Fleet, Yateley, Aldershot, Farnborough and Alton. For times and locations visit The Princess Royal Trust for Carers website or telephone 01264 835246.

Support for young carers is available from Hart and Rushmoor Young Carers.

Domestic Abuse

Hampshire Domestic Abuse Service: Help and access to support services for victims and survivors of abuse; children living with domestic abuse; people who may be abusing or hurting someone; and, professionals seeking advice.

Hampshire Domestic Abuse Advice Line for victims: Telephone 03300 165 112 9.30am - 8pm Monday - Friday (access to refuge is available 24/7 if required). 

More Advice

Citizens Advice Hart: Free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to Hart residents on a range of issues including benefits, debt and money, family and relationships, housing, work, consumer issues and immigration.