Trees & Hedges

Trees make a positive contribution to the character of the landscape through their historic, aesthetic and sentimental values. The Council is responsible for the maintenance of trees on council-owned land, including trees on commons, in parks and open spaces. Our Tree Officer deals with deciding applications for works to protected trees and for deciding high hedges cases. 

We offer an online service to report an issue with a council-owned tree. To see more information about works on council-owned trees please see our council-owned trees guidance sheet.