Mobile homes, caravans, camping

How we monitor mobile home, caravan and camping sites, and how to apply for a licence

We monitor all mobile home sites in Hart to ensure they meet the conditions of the site licence. Under the Mobile Homes Act 2013, we introduced a policy for licensing of residential park home sites and fees for the licensing of mobile homes.

View our policy

Mobile homes sites licensing fees 2022/2023
Gross charge
Gross charge
(from 1 April 2023)

Initial site licence application



Annual inspection per pitch



Transfer of licence



Deposit of site rules



Fit and proper person test for site managers



By law, site owners must give us a copy of their site rules. We hold a public register of them (examples below).

If you want to purchase an existing licensed site, or to create a new mobile home site within Hart, please contact the private sector housing team on 01252 774420.

Caravan and camping sites

We license camping in tents or other structures such as yurts under the Public Health Act 1936, section 269. Planning permission will be required if the land is occupied for more than 28 days.

Licence conditions mostly cover spacing issues, water supply and sanitary conditions.