Shared services and partners

Services delivered by partner authorities and the responsibilities of other councils

Some of our services are shared with neighbouring local authorities or managed by them.

Hampshire County Council provides the following services:

  • roads, footpaths, pot-hole repairs and gritting
  • social services (child and adult)
  • schools and education
  • libraries and museums
  • adoption and foster care
  • trading standards
  • registration of births, deaths and marriages
  • bus passes for older or disabled people
  • civic amenity sites
  • meals on wheels
  • apply for a ‘blue badge’ for parking

How to contact Hampshire County Council: or via their website

0300 555 1375 or 0300 555 1390 - ‘Minicom’ Text-phone for hearing and speech impaired customers within Hampshire.


Town and parish councils cover local issues such as:

  • allotments
  • public clocks
  • bus shelters
  • community centres
  • play areas and play equipment
  • grants to help local organisations
  • consultation on neighbourhood planning

How to contact your town or parish council:

Please go to our Town and parish councils page and use the link provided to find your local council and learn more about its responsibilities.