• Current Introduction
  • Individual or association
  • Requirements
  • Declaration
  • Data privacy
  • Preview


You can apply to be on our self-build and custom housebuilding register to let us know you want to build your own home.

Self-build is where you purchase the land and build your own house on a single plot. You may build the house yourself or employ an architect, builder and, if necessary, a project manager to oversee the build.

Custom housebuilding is similar to self-build homes but facilitated in some way by a developer. This still offers the chance to have a unique home, but through a more hands off approach than a traditional self-build. 

Who can apply

You can apply to be on the register as either an individual or part of a group.

You can apply if you are:

  • 18 years of age or older
  • a British citizen, a national of a European Economic Area other than the United Kingdom, or a national of Switzerland
  • looking for a serviced plot of land in Hart district to build a home to live in as a sole or main residence