Animal activities and welfare

If your business deals with animals, you must apply to us for an animal activities licence

Licences are required to protect the health and welfare of animals.

You’ll need to apply for a licence if you’re:

  • dog breeding
  • animal boarding
  • keeping dangerous wild animals
  • keeping or training animals for exhibition
  • selling animals as pets
  • hiring out horses

View currently licensed premises in Hart

View government guidance on animal activities licensing

Before applying for a licence, check you comply with the guidance and have the correct permissions to use your property or premises for the business you're applying for.

You could be fined and/or sent to prison for up to six months if convicted of carrying out any of the listed activities without a licence