Armed forces, veterans and families

Housing advice

We don’t own any houses but we do provide a housing register for people who want to rent a housing association home in Hart.

Applicants to the register are usually required to have a local connection with the district, but there are some exemptions for armed forces personnel and their families.

We may also consider applications from members of the armed forces community who would not normally meet the local connection criteria, such as veterans and immediate family of service personnel who have died.

For further information, visit our pages on finding a home in Hart.

Further housing support

The Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO) provides housing information and advice to service personnel and their families to help them transition to civilian life:

Haig Housing is the leading UK provider of rental housing for ex-service people.