Emergency planning

What happens when an emergency situation arises in Hart

Our role in a major incident is to support the emergency services, and then work to get people’s lives back to normal as soon as possible.

Emergency services are provided by the police, fire and rescue and ambulance services to deal with everyday emergencies.

We work with Hampshire County Council to co-ordinate emergency planning and make best use of resources. You can read detailed information about emergency planning on Hampshire County Council's Emergency Planning web pages.

Read about emergency planning in Hampshire

The Civil Contingency Secretariat of the Government Cabinet Office also has detailed information.

Emergency telephone contact numbers

  • police, fire or ambulance – 999 for emergencies. 101 if you do not require an emergency response
  • Environment Agency – general enquiries 03708 506 506
  • Floodline – 0345 988 1188
  • Hampshire County Council Emergency Planning Unit – 01962 846846
  • Scottish and Southern Electricity power failures and emergencies – 105
  • Transco gas leaks and emergencies – 0800 111 999
  • Southern Water – 0330 303 0368