Welcome to Everyone Active at Hart and Frogmore Leisure Centres
As you are aware, the management of Hart and Frogmore Leisure Centres transfer from Hart District Council to Everyone Active on Monday 1 February 2016.
Both Hart District Council and Everyone Active continue to work hard to ensure the transfer is as smooth as possible and minimises any disruption to normal service during the transfer.
On the 30 June 2015 Hart District Council confirmed that the new £23 million leisure centre to replace the existing Hart Leisure Centre, Fleet would go ahead. Additionally £1.8 million would be invested in redeveloping Frogmore Leisure Centre in Yateley. The decision was also made to award Everyone Active the contract for operating the two leisure centres on behalf of the council.
Hart District Council is devoted in helping its residents achieve a healthy body and mind by providing a variety of leisure facilities for all ages to enjoy. A wide range of activities are on offer to help you maintain an active lifestyle.
Hart District Council comment regarding gym usage for under 16s (updated 19.2.2016)
Hart District Council was recently informed of a change to industry standards which resulted in the hours of use of the gym at Hart Leisure Centre and Frogmore Leisure Centre by unaccompanied under 16s changing.
The hours in which they are able to use the gym unaccompanied are 15:00 and 17:30 Monday to Friday and 10:00 and 12:30 on Saturday and Sunday, during which time dedicated, qualified staff will be supervising the sessions. Under 16s may use the gym outside of these times if they are supervised by an adult who has had a gym induction.
Everyone Active have introduced this policy and if Hart District Council was still the operator, the same policy would have been introduced. Hart are pleased that Everyone Active are meeting the industry standards, and that they have responded quickly to this change.
Improvements to Frogmore Leisure Centre
Hart District Council can confirm that Frogmore Leisure Centre will undergo £1.8m worth of improvements to its facilities. By autumn this year Frogmore visitors will have a new gym, a hot yoga studio, a crèche, a virtual cycling studio and a brand new sauna and steam suite. Hart District Council will be funding £1.5m and Everyone Active will be investing £0.3m into the project.
An introduction to Everyone Active...
So who are Everyone Active?
Everyone Active is the consumer brand name for an organisation called Sports & Leisure Management (SLM Ltd.) Established in 1987 SLM are one of the most established leisure providers who currently operate 117 leisure centres on behalf of other local authorities.
What do Everyone Active stand for?
Their mission statement is simple; We’re enthusiastic about being active and staying healthy and we want you to be too. We’ve made it our mission to encourage more people to participate in 30 minutes of moderate physical activity, five times a week, either in-centre or online.
When will Everyone Active begin operating the leisure centres?
Everyone Active will begin to operate the leisure centres from the 1 February 2016.
Are there going to be any drastic changes from the 1 February 2016?
The only initial change we are expecting you’ll see is our staff wearing new uniform and a spot of painting and decorating. We’re not anticipating any huge changes which will disrupt your current level of service. If any changes do occur we’ll be assure to notify everyone ASAP via this web page and our social media pages.
What will happen to my current membership?
If you have a membership with us currently, this will continue as normal for the immediate future with ALL membership rates transferring at their current rate. You will receive a communication in January confirming that the collection of your direct debit will switch from Hart District Council or Harland’s to Everyone Active.
Centre Programmes and Timetables
- The current ‘365’ Group Exercise Programme will continue to operate at both centres until a review in April when there may be some minor changes.
- The current ‘365’ Swimming Pool Programme will continue to operate at Hart Leisure Centre until a review in April when there may be some minor changes.
Block and Contract Bookings
- All existing block and contract bookings will continue
- From April 2016 Everyone Active will contact all block bookers to discuss their bookings from 1 September 2016 onwards when the current block booking period ends which, in the case of Hart Leisure Centre, will include agreeing bookings for the new centre.
Use of Crèche and booking Crèche places
- The monthly Crèche payment option will continue for the immediate future
- The booking arrangements for the Crèche at both centres will continue for the immediate future
- Unfortunately, due to both the in centre and online booking systems changing, it will not be possible to book online for bookable activities that take place after 1st February until you have been issued with a LOG IN and PIN number for the Everyone Active system. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
- LOG ins and PINs will be issued to you upon your first visit to the centre from 1 February 2016. Please speak to a member of our Front of House or Membership Teams.
- To help alleviate this issue, a temporary advance booking system will be in place for members only to use from Monday 18 January to Sunday 31 January for sessions and activities from 1 February 2016.
Group Exercise Class, Crèche and Court bookings can be made
- By phone by calling Hart or Frogmore Leisure Centre
- In person at Hart of Frogmore Leisure Centre
Where can I find out more information about Everyone Active or the New Hart Leisure Centre?
Here are some links you may find useful:
Hart District Council believes that our facilities should be accessible for everyone to use. Good health and fitness practices also help maintain a general feeling of well-being. We offer help for those who need it, whether financially or physically.
- Free Disabled Access
- Access guide to Frogmore Leisure Centre
- Access guide to Hart Leisure Centre.
- Talented Sports Persons
- Bonus Card
GP referral scheme
Our GP referral scheme is a 10 week course with a gym instructor which aims to improve your health through exercise. Regular exercise can strengthen your heart, improve your circulation, help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels, control your weight, reduce stress and generally make you feel better about yourself. Please contact either leisure centre to book first appointment. Please note that prescriptions must be handed in before any appointments can be made.
Rides will be starting from the Hart Leisure Centre at 10.00am and will be on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month starting at 10.00am and lasting no more than 90 minutes and be suitable for all ages who are competent riding a bike on the public road. Routes will be on road or surfaced cycle path unless advised otherwise in advance.
Please email email@example.com or text 07957 193922 if you plan to join in. The first 3 rides are free. Pedal2Gether we will be asking adults for an annual subscription of £5 to cover admin costs and ride leader liability insurance.
How to contact Leisure
Hart Leisure Centre:
Phone: 01252 629974
Frogmore Leisure Centre:
Phone: 01252 873454