Senior Management and Staff
The two joint Chief Executives, Daryl Phillips and Patricia Hughes, are supported by Heads of Service and Service Managers. You can access names and email addresses of these here, as well as our organisational chart.
Our workforce profile provides information about our staff (senior officers salaries are published in our statement of accounts each year). We also provide an equality and diversity comparison of our employees compared to the Hart district as a whole.
The Corporate Plan sets out how the Council intends to play its role in improving, sustaining and promoting the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of the communities in Hart District over the next three years.
Hart's Code of Corporate Governance
Hart has defined Corporate Governance as: "The way in which the Council conducts itself so as to (a) deliver effective services to all residents and (b) provide and openly demonstrate efficient stewardship of public funds."
Our Code of Corporate Governance is underpinned by the issues of openness, inclusivity, integrity, accountability and effectiveness for each of the five dimensions. It describes how Hart has responded to the challenges of Corporate Governance and commits the Council to the highest standards.
Hart is committed to efficient and effective decision-making which is transparent, accountable and encourage community involvement. Hart has, therefore, developed a Constitution, or a ‘handbook’ on how it operates its decision-making structures and the ‘rules’ by which it operates. It contains:
- Details of the Council’s decision-making structures and processes;
- The Council’s Standing Orders or ‘rules’ that govern how the Council’s meetings are conducted; (These Standing Orders are a mixture of things that the Council is required to do by law (for example, hold an Annual Council meeting) and things which it has adopted as good practice.)
- The Council’s Scheme of Delegation to Officers, which sets out details of the functions of the Council that have been delegated to officers;
- Financial Regulations, or the rules by which the Council must conduct its financial business;
- Various Codes, including the Code of Conduct for Members and the Officer/Member Relations Code;
- Your rights regarding your dealings with Hart
The Constitution has been recently reviewed and was approved by Council in April 2014.
For enquiries about the Constitution please contact email@example.com