The voluntary and community sector plays a vital role within Hart, fulfilling a wide range of needs and wants for the community such as providing:
- Opportunities for children and young people to grow and thrive
- Services and assistance to those in need
- Social connection and a way for people of all ages to become involved in their community
- Opportunities to develop skills through volunteering
- Opportunities for leisure and learning
The council supports the sector in a variety of ways including grant funding, Hart Lottery, concessions and benefits in kind, and opportunities to network and share information such as the Hart Ageing Well Network.
The council provides core grant funding to:
Hart Voluntary Action
Hart’s local council for Voluntary Services who support a network of voluntary and community groups as well as the development of volunteering in the district.
Visit their website for information about the support they provide and current volunteering opportunities.
Citizens Advice Hart
An independent charity and part of the Citizens Advice network across England and Wales, providing free, confidential and impartial advice on a range of subjects including:
- welfare benefits
- money and credit problems
- consumer rights
- neighbourhood disputes
- education and healthcare
- immigration and residency queries
- human rights
- family and personal issues.
For more information visit their website.