The Hart district lies in the north-east corner of Hampshire and takes its name from the little River Hart which flows through its centre. Most of the land in Hart is farmed, with many acres owned by the Ministry of Defence and the Forestry Commission. With such an abundance of "the great outdoors" on the doorstep, the opportunities for recreational activities are many and varied.
Hart is a rapidly growing District, forward looking and prosperous, but with a keen interest in conserving all that is unique and important in its past.
Towns and parishes
There are many unspoilt villages and four busy towns. Recent residential and light industrial development is centred around the towns of Fleet, Yateley, and Hook village. There are excellent communication links with London, Heathrow Airport and the rest of southern England. The District has a varied and widespread architectural heritage with approximately 1000 buildings listed as being of special architectural or historical interest. There are also, at present, 32 conservation Areas.
To view parish information about the community, heritage and conservation areas please select the town or parish in the parish profiles web page.
A wide range of demographic data including information on past, current and future forecasted populations, for different local geographic areas can be found on the Hampshire County Council website.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS relevant information for meetings at each Parish Council can be found on the Parish Councils page https://www.hart.gov.uk/hart-parish-councils
A number of Town and Parish Councils have begun the process to create a neighbourhood plan. This involves approval as a Neighbourhood Area and then a process of plan preparation, consultation and examination.
Hart District Council has approved 10 applications for designating Neighbourhood Areas as set out below. Further detail on the progress of each Plan can be found from the town or parish link:
- Blackwater and Hawley - Neighbourhood Area designated 6 October 2016
- Crondall - Neighbourhood area designated 1 September 2016
- Crookham Village - Neighbourhood Area designated 7 August 2014
- Dogmersfield - Neighbourhood Area designated 6 August 2015
- Fleet - Neighbourhood Area designated 15 April 2015
- Hartley Wintney - Neighbourhood Area designated 2 October 2014
- Hook - Neighbourhood Area designated 2 October 2014
- Odiham - Neighbourhood Area designated 7 August 2014
- Rotherwick - Neighbourhood Area designated 2 October 2014
- Winchfield - Neighbourhood Area designated 8 January 2015
- Yateley - Neighbourhood Area designated 5 April 2018