Hart District Council proves it won't tolerate antisocial behaviour

On Monday 21 June, Hart District Council gained a Civil Injunction against a resident following a year of persistent antisocial behaviour at Glebe Court, in Fleet.  

The resident, Mr Poet, was issued with a Civil Injunction by Aldershot Magistrates Court which means he's no longer allowed around Glebe Court. He's also not allowed to engage in conduct which causes nuisance or annoyance, or use insulting language or threatening violence, against any persons residing in or lawfully visiting Glebe Court. Should he continue this behaviour, and breach the Civil Injunction, there is a power of arrest. 

Cllr Stuart Bailiey, Cabinet Member for Communities at Hart District Council, said: “This is a great success for our Community Safety team, who have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of our residents. We have made it very clear we will not tolerate antisocial behaviour and our Community Safety team will support residents who are experiencing persistent antisocial behaviour.  

This was an extreme case, Mr Poet's actions were having a massive impact on the community around him, resulting in residents being scared to leave their properties. Whilst sending people to court is always a last resort, in situations like this, it was imperative that we acted in the best interest of the community.”  

If you are suffering from antisocial behaviour which is defined as ‘behaviour by a person which causes, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to persons not of the same household as the person’, please do report it.  

Such antisocial behaviour can include noisy neighbours, loud and rowdy behaviour, car racing, graffiti or vandalism - you should report it to the Police by calling 101 or using their quick and simple online tool www.hampshire.police.uk/ro/report/asb/asb/report-antisocial-behaviour.   

In addition to reporting to Police, you can also seek the help and advice and support of the Hart District Council Community Safety team on 01252 622122 or by visiting www.hart.gov.uk/community-safety