Hart District Council is continuing work on a new Local Plan which will shape the future of the District.
The Council is committed to involving the community in preparing the new plan and has launched a major consultation to gain views from residents, community groups and organisations on the Draft Local Plan.
Speaking about the consultation Daryl Phillips, Joint Chief Executive at Hart District Council, said: “As we move closer to a final version of our new Local Plan, everyone’s response to this consultation is crucial. We have listened to what has been said in previous consultations and used that to narrow down the options for delivering homes and jobs in our district over the next few years.
"To help everyone have an opportunity to get a better understanding of our Plan we will be holding drop in sessions across the district for people to come and talk to us. We will also read and consider all responses sent to us”.
The consultation is open from 26 April until 5pm on 9 June 2017.
Drop in sessions will be running at the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday 2 May - 2pm to 8pm - Hook Community Centre, RG27 9NN
- Wednesday 3 May - 2pm to 8pm - The Harlington, Fleet, GU51 4BY
- Monday 8 May - 2pm to 8pm - Victoria Hall, Hartley Wintney, RG27 8RE
- Wednesday 10 May - 2pm to 8pm - The Tythings, Yateley, GU46 7RP
- Thursday 11 May - 2pm to 8pm - Ridley Hall, South Warnborough, RG29 1RQ
- Monday 15 May - 4.30pm to 8pm - Hawley Leisure Centre, GU17 9BW
The Council will use the comments made during this consultation to help prepare a ‘Proposed Submission’ version of the Plan later this year which will be subject to further consultation. The Local Plan will then be formally submitted to the Secretary of State early in 2018.