The Development Plan
- Hart Local Plan (Strategy and Sites) 2032 adopted 30 April 2020
Hart Local Plan (Strategy and Sites) 2032 - accessible version
- Saved Policies from the Hart Local Plan (Replacement) 1996-2006 (updated 1st May 2020)
- Policies Map
- Crondall Neighbourhood Plan (made May 2021)
- Crookham Village Neighbourhood Plan (made May 2021)
- Dogmersfield Neighbourhood Plan (made September 2019)
- Fleet Neighbourhood Plan (made November 2019)
- Hartley Wintney Neighbourhood Plan (made November 2019)
- Hook Neighbourhood Plan (made February 2020)
- Odiham and North Warnborough Neighbourhood Plan (made June 2017)
- Rotherwick Neighbourhood Plan (made December 2016)
- Winchfield Neighbourhood Plan (made April 2017) - Winchfield Parish Council are consulting on a pre-submission draft of their updated plan from 28 October 2022 to 12 December 2022. For more information please see the Winchfield Parish Council website.
- Yateley, Darby Green and Frogmore Neighbourhood Plan (made 28th July 2022)
Hampshire Minerals and Waste Plan
Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton, New Forest National Park & South Downs National Park Minerals and Waste Plan (adopted October 2013) - for up to date information visit the Hampshire County Council website
South East Plan
Policy NRM6: Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area of the South East Plan (adopted May 2009)
Community involvement in planning
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) sets out Council policy for consultation on the Local Plan, Supplementary Planning Documents, Neighbourhood Plans and planning applications.
Local Plan Review
The Council will review its local plan (i.e. assess whether it needs updating) following expected changes to planning legislation (Levelling Up and Regeneration Bill) and associated updates to national policy and guidance. See Cabinet 4th November 2021 Item 73.
Shapley Heath Garden Community Project
As part of the Government’s Garden Communities Programme, the Council explored the opportunity for a new community at Shapley Heath. This project has now concluded (see Cabinet minutes 4th November Item 73). We will take the learning into consideration when we prepare the next local plan when the reasonable alternatives for significant housing growth will be considered.
National Planning Policy
National planning policies for England are set out by the government in the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). The NPPF is a material consideration in the determination of planning applications.