ONE YOU Wellbeing Day
Want to make a change for 2018 but don’t know where to start?
Friday 19 January 2018
10am to 3pm at Hart Shopping Centre
Hart District Council and Hart Voluntary Action have teamed up with local groups and services to organise this special Wellbeing Day.
Come along any time between 10am and 3pm to:
- Get tips and support to make manageable changes for better health & wellbeing for you and your family
- Find out about ways to stay active and connected in Hart
- Free NHS Health Checks for ages 40-74 (more information and eligibility criteria below)
NHS Health Checks are excellent for providing you with an overall picture of your health together with practical advice on how to improve it.
The checks include blood pressure, body mass index (BMI – taking height, weight & waist measurements), cholesterol & cardiovascular disease risk core/heart age.
They will be carried out by health professionals and take no more than 15 mins per person. The information will then be added to your GP records and will remain confidential (only shared with their GP).
To have a free NHS Health Check you must fit the following criteria:
1. Aged between 40-74 years.
2. Are registered with a GP in Hampshire.
3. Have not had an NHS Health Check in the last 5 years.
4. Do not have any of the following conditions – coronary heart disease, chronic kidney disease, diabetes, hypertension, atrial fibrillation, transient ischaemic attack, high cholesterol being treated by statins, heart failure, peripheral arterial disease or stroke.
5. I am not taking one or more of the following medication; Blood thinning medication (except for DVT), Anticoagulants including Warfarin, Apixaban, Rivaroxaban, Dabigatran (except for DVT), Hypertensive drugs, Anti-platelets, Cholesterol medication, Statins, Diabetes medication.
More than one million people have already started their journey to a happier, healthier life with the ONE YOU campaign. Take the ONE YOU quiz at www.nhs.uk/oneyou to get a personalised health score and start your journey to a healthier you.
For more information about health and wellbeing support in Hart visit www.hart.gov.uk/health-wellbeing.