Plans for new Hart Leisure Centre
In September 2015 Willmott Dixon Construction began work on the new leisure centre, a building designed to replace the current Hart Leisure Centre on Hitches Lane in Fleet. The access to it will be off Emerald Avenue which is presently under construction. The Avenue will lead to the leisure centre, brand new housing and the new car park for the Edenbrook Country Park. it has been designed to reflect the country park landscape with the use of suitable colours and materials as well as contours.
View the latest Hart Leisure Centre construction updates here.
What facilities will the new leisure centre have?
The leisure centre facilities will include:
Outdoor sports pitches:
- 2 junior natural turf pitches, 4 floodlit artificial grass pitches and 1 FIFA standard full-size, flood-lit artificial grass pitch
- Space for 5 climbers from Ground to First floor
- 120+ state-of-the-art stations, plus multi-use cross-training space
Eight lane swimming pool:
- Casual swimmers and competition swimmers in a 25 metre shallow end to deep end pool
Teaching pool / Children's play area:
- Suitable for formal toddler to junior lessons as well as shallow play area with mini fountains and geysers
Multipurpose swimming pool with movable floor:
- Depth ranges from 0 - 1.6 metres suitable for toddlers, family swimmers, aqua aerobics and training
- 8 badminton courts or 2 netball courts or basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and exhibitions
Martial arts and dance studios
Coffee shop and sun terrace:
- Footpath to and from country park
Car parking for 320 vehicles:
- This includes motorcycles, disabled visitors and larger SUVs
When will it be built and who will run the centre?
The new leisure centre is scheduled to be opened in spring 2017 and Hart District Council has already appointed Everyone Active, a management company, to manage the whole site on its behalf. To get things off to a good start, Everyone Active took over the management of Hart and Frogmore leisure centres in February and have already invested over £300,000 at Frogmore Leisure Centre. They intend to invest £500,000 into the new Hart Leisure Centre as a supplement to the £23 million invested by Hart District Council.
What is happening to the current leisure centre?
The current Hart Leisure Centre will close as the new one opens, so there won't be any major investments within the next 12 months, although you can now see a redecorated reception and a new cycling studio.
Frogmore Leisure Centre redevelopment
Hart District Council is also investing in its sister centre at Frogmore. A £1.5m redevelopment fund has been increased to £1.8m by Everyone Active and the new facilities will be available from September. Frogmore visitors will have a new gym, hot yoga studio, purpose built crèche, virtual cycling studio and a brand new sauna and steam suite.
July 2016 construction update