Talking about money and money worries can be difficult. The Money Helper website offers guidance on how to have a conversation about money.
Can't find what you're looking for on this page? Find more information about money matters on Connect to Support Hampshire.
There are services that can help if you or someone you know:
- Are worried about money or how you will pay the bills
- Are experiencing debt
- Are unsure whether you are entitled to benefits or how to apply
- Would like some support with managing your money
- Are struggling to afford the basics such as food
Citizens Advice Hart: We provide the advice people need for the problems they face including debt, accessing benefits, and other money issues. Our website has a self-help section or you can contact us on:
- Adviceline Telephone: 0800 144 8848 Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm
- Email: email@example.com
- Our Help to Claim advisers can help you with the early stages of your Universal Credit claim. Available 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. Telephone: 0800 1448 444. England textphone: 18001 0800 144 8 444
Step Change: Provides free debt advice by debt experts, based on a comprehensive assessment of your situation. They will support you for however long it is needed. They have also produced quick guides on how to deal with debt, money stress and being made redundant.
Princes Trust: Money management tips and tools aimed at younger people.
Hart Foodbank: We know that anyone can reach crisis point and we're here to help when that happens. We are able to give weekly food parcels until the end of your crisis and we never judge our clients. We've helped people with a few parcels until a salary or benefits arrive or many parcels when people are experiencing long term challenges such as sickness or debt. In addition to food, each parcel contains a selection of toiletries and household cleaning products. For more information go to our website or Telephone 07926 806256 Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
The Pantry: We help and encourage individuals and families that need a little bit of support to manage and budget through difficult times. You can pay a £5 membership fee per shop to receive at least £15 worth of fresh, frozen and general foods, plus other basics. For information about how you can become a member Telephone 01252 872337 or Email email@example.com
Funds to help households with essentials:
- Hart District Council administers two funds to support households that are most in need in the district. The Local Welfare Provision Hardship Grant is a financial assistance scheme to help people who are in a crisis or emergency situation and where low level financial assistance would help prevent the crisis or emergency from escalating. The Household Support Fund can provide assistance to individuals that do not have sufficient resources to meet the immediate short-term needs of themselves or dependents. Eligibility criteria apply and more information can be found in our Covid-19 information hub.
- Find information about support if you are struggling to keep your home warm.
Whilst every care has been taken in the compilation of this information, Hart District Council will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and of any inaccuracy or error within these pages. Read full disclaimer.