Examination of the Hart Local Plan
Consultation on Proposed Main Modifications took place between 5 July 2019 to 19 August 2019. For further information see the Proposed Modifications webpage.
Submission of Local Plan and supporting evidence
We submitted the Hart Local Plan Strategy and Sites 2016 - 2032 Proposed Submission Version for examination on Monday 18 June 2018. We also submitted:
- The Proposed Changes to the Policies Map
- Proposed Modifications to the Plan
- Supporting evidence
- Copies of all representations received during the most recent public consultation on the plan which took place between 9 February 2018 and 26 March 2018
You can view the documents on our examination library page.
This page will be updated as the examination progresses and further information becomes available.
Planning Inspector; Jonathan Manning BSc(Hons) MA MRTPI was appointed to undertake an independent examination into the soundness of Hart Local Plan.
The Inspector’s task is to consider the soundness of the submitted Plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (the Framework). The relevant soundness criteria are whether the Plan is:
- positively prepared (based on a strategy that seeks to meet objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements, including unmet requirements from neighbouring authorities where it is reasonable to do so and consistent with achieving sustainable development);
- justified (the most appropriate strategy when considered against the reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence);
- effective (the plan should be deliverable over its period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic priorities);
- consistent with national policy (the plan should enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the Framework).
The Inspector will take into account the representations submitted upon the Plan as far as they relate to soundness considerations. A number of informal debates took place on the principal matters identified by the Inspector, these are termed Hearing Sessions.
Following the closure of the Examination, the Inspector will prepare a report to the Council with precise recommendations, these recommendations may include modifications to the Plan, if such a request is made by the Council.
Guidance Notes were prepared by the Inspector to help people understand the process. Any queries people may have regarding the Examination process should be directed to the Programme Officer who will be happy to assist.
The Programme Officer
The Programme Officer, Ian Kemp, acts as the contact for any person who has an interest in the Examination and as a liaison between the Inspector, Council and Representors.
He is an independent Officer of the Examination and works on behalf of the Inspector to organise and manage the administrative and procedural elements of the Examination process. All statements are also submitted through him.
Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspector should be submitted via the Programme Officer.
Mobile: 0772 300 9166
Hearing Sessions Venue and Timetable
Hearing Sessions commenced at 09.30 am on Tuesday 20th November within the Council Chamber of Hart District Offices, Harlington Way, Fleet, GU51 4AE. The hearings closed on Tuesday 18th December.
An Agenda covering the resumption of Matter 1 and Matter 2 on the 13th December was prepared by the Inspector.
The following written statements were received in response to the Inspector's Matters & Issues.