Help & advice

Complaints against a councillor

If you believe a District, Town or Parish Councillor within the Hart District has breached the Code of Conduct you can submit a complaint to the Monitoring Officer.

The Code of Conduct covers a range of areas of councillor behaviour including:

  • not abusing their position
  • not misusing resources.

You should complete the Complaint Form. You should send it to the Monitoring Officer at Hart District Council via  

Arrangements for Dealing with Allegations sets out how the Monitoring Officer will process the complaint.  Advice on Pre-Determination explains the concept.

March 2021 - Complaint received against Councillor Robertson of Hartley Wintney Parish Council
- Decision on
March 21 complaint

May 2022 - Complaint received against Councillors Davies and Oliver of Hart District Council
Decision on May 22 complaint