What is the Great British Spring Clean?
In March 2016, the Clean for the Queen campaign inspired 250,000 people to help clean up their local area. This year, the Great British Spring Clean wants to inspire 500,000 people to get involved and clear up the litter in our communities.
It will rally an army of volunteers across the country to take part and include a special clean-up weekend on
March 3–5. Anyone can take part including individuals, community groups, charities, businesses, local authorities and more.
What can I do to help?
Here's how you can get involved:
- Take part in one of Hart District Council's Great British Spring Clean events.
- Register your event on the Great British Spring Clean website.
- Hart are offering free sacks for rubbish collection from the Hart District Council offices and if you need your waste collected, please contact AllInHartstreetcare@basingstoke.gov.uk - any litter collected must have been removed from public land and should be placed in black sacks ready for collection.
What events are taking place in Hart?
- Hartley Wintney Parish Council spring litter pick - Saturday 4 March
Support Hartley Wintney Parish Council and help clean up the village. Join in their litter pick Saturday 4 March 10am - 12noon, starting at the Victoria Hall and ending at the Waggon and Horses for free bacon sandwiches.
- Friends of Basingbourne Park clean up - Saturday 4 March
Help tidy up the Basingbourne area as part of the Great British Spring Clean. Meet at the Basingbourne Park pavilion at 9.30am Saturday 4 March. Refreshments will be provided for volunteers.
- Yateley Town Council litter pick - Friday 3 - Sunday 5 March
Join Yateley Town Council on their litter pick starting at 10am on Friday 3 March. Litter pickers, bags and gloves will be provided and you can drop bags of rubbish off at their offices. You can also take part over the weekend and return equipment on Monday.
Can't volunteer for one of the events? Why not join Hart Voluntary Action's volunteer centre to find out how you can help volunteer for other events.
Great British Spring Clean resources
To purchase T-shirts, order your own branded sacks or get advice on organising your own event, please access the Great British Spring Clean resource website.