What is the Great British Spring Clean?
The Great British Spring Clean aims to bring people across the country together to clear up litter. This year, the campaign wants to inspire 500,000 people to get involved and clear up the rubbish in our communities.
It will encourage volunteers to take part in a special clean-up weekend on 2–4 March. Anyone can take part including individuals, community groups, charities, businesses, local authorities and more.
What can I do to help?
Here's how you can get involved:
- Take part in one of Hart District Council's Great British Spring Clean events.
- Register your event on the Great British Spring Clean website.
- Hart are offering free sacks for rubbish collection from the Hart District Council offices.
What events are taking place in Hart?
- Hartley Wintney Great British Spring Clean - Saturday 24 March, 10am-12pm
Help clean up Hartley Wintney! The event will extend from the Central Commons through to Phoenix Green. Everybody is welcome and all litter picking equipment will be provided. If you would like a free bacon sandwich and hot drink at the Wagon and Horses pub afterwards, please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yateley Common Big Spring Clean - Saturday 24 March, 10am-1pm
Yateley Common's Annual Big Spring Clean is a chance to give the whole of Yateley Common Country Park a litter pick. Groups and individuals are welcome to come along and help.
Can't volunteer for one of the events? Why not join Hart Voluntary Action's volunteer centre to find out how you can help volunteer for other events.
Great British Spring Clean resources
To purchase T-shirts, order your own branded sacks or get advice on organising your own event, please access the Great British Spring Clean resource website.