Grants & Loans

Disabled facilities grants

Disabled Facilities Grants are available to help disabled people who need special adaptations to their homes  e.g.  flush floor shower rooms; ground floor bedrooms; stair-lifts, kitchen adaptations and ramping. These grants are means tested and are available to owner-occupiers and tenants including tenants of social landlords. The council will require a referral from an Occupational Therapist from Social Services before a grant application can be processed. Contact Social Services Direct on  telephone 0300 5551378 and email
For more information please visit the Government Webpage or refer our Disability Facilities Grant leaflet below.


Minor Works Grants

Minor Works Grants are available for up to £1000 for minor repairs and improvements. These grants are available to owner-occupiers in receipt of certain means-tested benefits. For further information contact the Private Sector Housing Team on 01252 774420.


Home Improvement Loan Scheme

The Home Improvement Loan Scheme is a low cost, home improvement service and lending scheme designed for home owners whose properties need repairs or maintenance and don’t have access to funds, or savings  available to carry out the work  The loan (at 5.63%) can be used for works such as repairing a leaking roof; broken boiler; replacement windows/doors or electrical works. For further information, contact the Private Sector Housing Team on telephone 01252 774420 or Parity Trust telephone 02392 375921 or for more details visit Parity Trust website.