Originally part of the Civil Parish of Crondall, Ewshot became an independent civil parish in April 2010. Ewshot consists of four settlements, Ewshot Village, Beacon Hill, Dora's Green and Warren Corner. A recent modern development of large houses at Ewshot Heights has added considerably to this area.
The name Ewshot is believed to be derived from two Old English words iw (yew) and sceat (grove) describing a yew grow or plantation.
Saint Mary's church built in 1873 and a small village hall, which has been modernised, have served to maintain the pastoral and social needs of this pleasant and friendly village.
To view parish information about the community, heritage and conservation areas please select the parish in the parish profiles web page.
No neighbourhood plan.
Ewshot Parish Council contact details