This includes the adopted development plan policies that cover Hart, and other planning documents that may be taken into account when determining planning applications. For additional information, please view the Planning Advice and Planning Applications page. For advice on how current planning policies and guidance apply to particular development proposals or planning applications please contact email@example.com or telephone 01252 774419
Current Planning Policy
The Development Plan is currently made up of the following documents:
- Hart Local Plan 1996 - 2006 (Saved Policies)
- Policy NRM6: Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area of the South East Plan
- Hampshire Minerals and Waste Plan 2013 - for up to date information visit the Hampshire County Council web page
- Odiham and North Warnborough Neighbourhood Plan June 2017
- Rotherwick Neighbourhood Plan December 2016
- Winchfield Neighbourhood Plan April 2017
Hart District Council recently consulted on the Draft Local Plan Strategy and Sites 2011-2032. The consultation documents and further details are available at www.hart.gov.uk/draft-local-plan.
Current Planning Guidance
Interim Housing Delivery Strategy (Withdrawn on 10.6.2016)
When applying policy ALT GEN 13, please note that the higher threshold (0.5ha / 15 dwellings) applies to the following settlements: Fleet, Yateley, Blackwater / Hawley, Hook and Hartley Wintney. For all other settlements and rural communities the lower threshold (11 dwellings) will apply in compliance with National Planning Practice Guidance (Paragraph 031, Reference ID: 23b-031-20161116).
In October 2017 the Council agreed a SANG allocation Policy relating to Council owned or controlled SANG. The criteria against which an allocation of SANG capacity will be considered can be viewed below:
No priority for the allocation of Council administered or managed SANG will be given to any development that does not meet the above allocations policy.
Details of SANG costs can be found in the Appendix to the October Cabinet Report.
The Community Infrastructure Policy (updated August 2014) sets out the Council's requirements with new development, usually secured through Section 106 Planning Obligations, and often in the form of financial contributions. The following list provides more detail on the required contributions:
- Transport Contributions Policy
- Hart Leisure Strategy
- Developers' Contributions towards Children's Services Facilities
- Developer Contributions towards Leisure and Open Space Facilities
- Basingstoke Canal Catchment Map
- Colt Hill Wharf Clubhouse, Odiham, Catchment Map
- Country Park, Hitches Lane, Catchment Map
- Fleet Pond Catchment Map
- Frogmore Leisure Centre, Yateley, Catchment Map
- Hartley Wintney Commons Catchment Map
- Hazeley Heath, Hartley Wintney, Catchment Map
- Odiham Common Catchment Map
- S106 Template
Surface Water Flooding Proforma
The surface water flooding proforma is a new tool being trialled by Hart District Council. The aim of the proforma is to make a smoother planning application process for small scale developments located in areas that flood from surface water.
You should consider using the Surface Water Flooding Proforma for sites of less than 1 ha in Flood Zone 1 that flood from surface water. You can check if your site floods from surface water by checking the Environment Agency's maps.
Please fill in the Surface Water Flooding Proforma below and submit the completed form with the rest of your planning application documents.