Local Land Charges
Our aim is to match the benefits of our service to the needs of our customers by:
- Providing a fast and accurate service
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do
A Local Land Charges Search is a statutory service provided by the Council for people purchasing or re-mortgaging a property or land and wish to find out information that may affect it.
A full search consists of a number of parts:
- LLC1 (LLC1 - Local Land Charges Rules 1977 Schedule 1, Form C) - Requisition for search of the Local Land Charges Register.
- CON 29 R (Standard enquiries of Local Authority) - Consists of a standard set of additional questions which have been agreed between local authorities and the Law Society
- CON 29 O (Standard enquiries of Local Authority) -19 additional questions, each solicitor decides which, if any are asked.
- CON 29 Part III (Standard enquiries of Local Authority) - Solicitors own questions not covered by CON29 R and CON29 O @ £40.00 each
Please note a search only relates to the land or property named on the LLC1 if information is required about neighbouring properties then it will be necessary to raise a specific additional enquiry.
As searches are carried out both textually and graphically, two plans with the boundaries of the property clearly marked are required with every search.
We are unable to offer an expedited service, but if you contact the Local Land Charges section directly we will do all that we can to produce the results in time to meet your needs. There is no additional fee for this service.
National Land Information Service
The service has connections with NLIS at level 3 (the highest) which allows us to receive and return searches electronically
The NLIS Hub can be accessed through
We also offer an email service, priced at £130.00, which will provide you with the means to submit and receive your searches electronically, thus avoiding any possible DX or postal delays and reducing paperwork.
In order to benefit from our emailing service you will be required to submit to us, via email, either the official LLC1 and Con29 forms or our own search form as appropriate, together with a good quality plan. Payment must be made by cheque and received within 24 hours of your search request being submitted. Your search results will be returned via email with accompanying attachments. Searches submitted by email should be sent to LCsearches@hart.gov.uk.
Please see Fees and Charges 1st April 2012 for details of all our charges.
Drainage questions should be addressed to:
Manor Farm Road
Tel 0118 923 6656
DX 132045 Reading 11
Any highway questions that cannot be asked on the CON29 R or CON29 O should be addressed directly to:
Highways Management Environment Department
Hampshire County Council
They answer all highway enquires and will not answer Part 3 questions.
We are unable to help with land ownership or property boundaries as this is dealt with by the Land Registry, who can be contacted via their website www.landreg.gov.uk or by telephone on 01305 363636.