Housing for Older People
For information and advice across Hampshire please see hants.gov.uk/carechoice
For general information you may also like to visit www.firststopcareadvice.org.uk for free and independant advice
We hope to to provide as much housing related information for older people as possible on the local area. The section is split into themes which you can explore below:
Finding accommodation and getting advice
Home improvements and repairs
Housing and Health
Please note, any vacancies we have for older person accommodation are advertised each week visit www.harthomes.org.uk or our housing register page for more information.
Hitting the Cold Spots – This winters campaign was launched on 1st October. The aim is to prevent vulnerable people from suffering the impact of cold weather
The campaign consists of:
1. Information packs available to hand out which include thermometers, snoods, variety of information and ideas on keeping warm.
2. Hampshire information line, 0800 804 8601where a local team of friendly trained staff can provide help and support and refer on to a Hitting the Cold Spots advisor who will visit individuals in their own homes to provide more practical and emotional support.
3.The practical immediate support includes:-
- Help with hot water and heating system repairs.
- Support with alternative heating measures (electric oil filled radiators) for people without heating.
- Access to small grant support to help cope with winter fuel emergencies.
Please see link for further information www3.hants.gov.uk/hantswebnewslist
Last updated: 21st February 2012