This includes the adopted development plan policies that cover Hart, and other planning documents that may be taken into account when determining planning applications. For additional information, please view the Planning Advice and Planning Applications page. For advice on how current planning policies and guidance apply to particular development proposals or planning applications please contact email@example.com or telephone 01252 774419
Current Planning Policy
The Development Plan is currently made up of the following documents:
- Hart Local Plan 1996 - 2006 (Saved Policies)
- Policy NRM6: Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area of the South East Plan
- Hampshire Minerals and Waste Plan 2013 - for up to date information visit the Hampshire County Council web page
- Rotherwick Neighbourhood Plan December 2016
Current Planning Guidance
Interim Housing Delivery Strategy (Withdrawn on 10.6.2016)
Guidance on affordable housing for residential schemes
When applying policy ALT GEN 13, please note that the higher threshold (0.5ha / 15 dwellings) applies to the following settlements: Fleet, Yateley, Blackwater / Hawley, Hook and Hartley Wintney. For all other settlements and rural communities the lower threshold (0.2ha / 5 dwellings) will apply.
On 2nd June 2016 the Council agreed some interim amendments to the Avoidance Strategy in the light of limited available SANG capacity at sites administered by the Council. These changes can be viewed in the Cabinet paper.
Applicants are advised to read the SANG guidance note.
One change was made to the recommendation in paragraph 2.5 and the agreed recommendation is set out below:
2.5 The interim priority for the future allocation of any Council administered or managed SANG will be in the following order:
(i) developments that deliver rural affordable housing (i.e. rural exception sites).
(ii) redevelopment of previously developed land where the development delivers 40% affordable housing.
(iii) conversion of office premises to residential use.
No priority for the allocation of Council administered or managed SANG will be given to any development that does not meet these criteria.
In all instances the development must be policy compliant in that it must be in accordance with adopted policy of the Council.
The Community Infrastructure Policy (updated August 2014) sets out the Council's requirements with new development, usually secured through Section 106 Planning Obligations, and often in the form of financial contributions. The following list provides more detail on the required contributions:
- Transport Contributions Policy
- Hart Leisure Strategy
- Developers' Contributions towards Children's Services Facilities
- Developer Contributions towards Leisure and Open Space Facilities
- Basingstoke Canal Catchment Map
- Colt Hill Wharf Clubhouse, Odiham, Catchment Map
- Country Park, Hitches Lane, Catchment Map
- Fleet Pond Catchment Map
- Frogmore Leisure Centre, Yateley, Catchment Map
- Hartley Wintney Commons Catchment Map
- Hazeley Heath, Hartley Wintney, Catchment Map
- Odiham Common Catchment Map
- S106 Template